Organisation Purposes MET
Pure fact based questions. The list of organisations asked about and their purposes are below. Key phrases to remember are in bold.
- Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre (VAAC): To coordinate and disseminate information on volcanic ash clouds in the atmosphere that may endanger aviation.
- Tropical Cyclone Warning Centre (TCWC): To monitor and advise on the progress of tropical cyclones in its area of responsibility, issuing advisory messages to aviation when appropriate.
- Met Watch Office (MWOMWO —Meteorological Watch Office): To analyse charts and prepare SIGMETS within the FIRFIR —Flight Information Region
- Aeronautical Meteorological Station (AMS): To make actual weather observations at airfields and offshore platforms
- World Meteorological Organisation (WMOWMO —World Meteorological Organisation): To establish and implement a global regulatory framework for aviation meteorological services.
Get instant access to
Start your free trial today.
What is the role of a Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre (VAAC)?