Physical Processes RNAV
Another relatively straightforward topic from the Radio Navigation syllabus, but one with important implications for how radio waves change over distance.
- Reflection is easily understood as, for example, a laser beam bouncing off a mirror.
- Refraction can be thought of as the path of a laser changing as it passes through a glass bottle filled with water.
- Diffraction can be thought of as the path of the laser changing as it passes very close to (but not into) around the outside of the glass itself.
- Attenuation is a simple loss of strength, so imagine the laser beam losing strength if the water bottle was filled with increasingly dark liquids.
- Interference or Fading is where two signals of similar frequency arrive at the same time, partially or totally cancelling.
Get instant access to
Start your free trial today.
Allow multiple correct answers
How would you describe the physical process attentuation?