MLS Advantages RNAV
The MLSMLS —Microwave Landing System has a different principle of operation, wider range of frequencies, and frequencies far removed from any commercial interference. It had a number of advantages over ILSILS —Instrument Landing System, including:
- Reduced siting error
- Allowing curved approaches
- Allowing selection of glidepath
- Making available more frequency selections
- Making available guidance on the overshoot
- Avoiding commercial radio interference with the localiser
However, the last MLSMLS —Microwave Landing System was turned over over a year ago having been made obsolete by superior technology. After you have passed the Radio Navigation exam, it is exceptionally unlikely you will hear about this system again.
Get instant access to
Start your free trial today.
Allow multiple correct answers
What are the advantages of MLSMLS —Microwave Landing System compared to ILSILS —Instrument Landing System?